Vampire 2 Ed Histories
Spark of Life Q&A
Character Spark of Life
Aside from adding depth, quality answers giving will be rewarded.
1. Who are you? Who is your father? Who is your mother? Are you certain?
2. Your character has need of a horse for a long journey. Describe the horse’s size, coloring, build and personality.
3. From your character’s point of view, in relations with family, is it better to be loved than feared? Or better feared than loved? Would the answer be any different with any other group of people? If so, who?
4. What is your character’s favorite food? Drink? What food does the character hate?
5. Take a Devil’s Advocate stand. Describe what you (the player) hate about the character. What are the good reasons for other characters to dislike/hate the character? What little, minor bad habit does your character have that would annoy anyone after awhile?
6. The character’s first, or most memorable, love affair. Can be anything from a pre-teen crush, to a long-term romance. Be sure to describe the object of your character’s affection, along with the changes that your character went through in terms of feeling and thoughts about that person. Did it start out as a maddening hatred? Instant Love? Who fell for who first? Was love a surprise? How did it all end? How does everyone, including you, your lover, rivals, parents, friends, observers, feel about it now?
7. You character gets into a discussion about death and dying. How would your character describe the perfect death?
8. What was your character like at the age of ten (fifth grade)? Was your character a wimp, a bully, a nerd, a snitch, or a klutz? Popular or not? Write up a little description, and, if you like, a little day-in-the-life story about your character at that age.
9. Did your character ever have a pet? What kind of pet? Where is it now, or what happened to it?
10. Assume that your character needed/wanted to spend some time, incognito, in a place like another City. Assume it’s current day. Your stay will be for a matter of years. Describe what role and appearance your character would adopt.
11. Which would your character describe as the greater evil, murder of a bum, or the maiming of member of the social elite?
12. Describe your character’s personal bedroom or suite. Describe the contents and the various rooms. What is the style of the furniture? Describe your favorite reading spot, and your favorite feature.
13. Assume that your character has just finished a month-long struggle against hard odds, working toward something of great value to the character. Suddenly, the final stage of the opposition turns out to be stronger than you expected and you are attacked where you are weakest. It may not be a battle to the death, but it will definitely determine whether or not your quest is a success.
Unexpectedly, you receive a call from a senior relative or ally offering assistance. This relative is a champion in the field of battle where you are currently struggling and, if asked, will either move through to help or leave you to your challenge.
Do you accept the help? Or do you reject it? What if the battle involves your greatest strength or ability. Would your decision be the same?
Finally, what if the battle was a matter of life and death. And failure would equal your own death. Would your answers still be the same?
15. Everybody has some little item that they regard as somehow sacred. A piece of clothing, a memento of some event, whatever. What is your character’s sacred item? Tell the story of how your character found it, or why it came to be important.
16. A relative/friend, one you respect but do not fear, has committed the same breach of etiquette three times. Each time, in front of others, this person has treated you as an inferior, giving you orders instead of making requests. And your performance has been criticized in front of others. You can arrange things so that you’ll not be bothered again. Or you could confront the person. Or have a third party intervene. What would you do? If you would have to explain your actions, what would you say?
17. Midway through a pleasant meal, with a very enjoyable companion, you receive a contact from the aforementioned enemy. Frankly, you are sick of the whole business, and you don’t relish becoming a pawn in someone else’s game. How would you deal with this situation?
18. Your character is the butt of a practical joke. Could your character see the humor in it? Would your character get even? Does getting even mean staging another practical joke?
19. At one point Corwin said; “…It is an academic, though valid philosophical question, as to whether one with power over energy could create his own universe. Whatever the ultimate answer, from a practical point we could.” How would your character respond?
20. To your character, does revenge mean (1) “an eye for an eye,” (2) “repayment with interest,” (3) “the only good enemy is a dead enemy,” (4) something else? In exacting this revenge, would your character serve it hot, as soon as possible after the offense, or cold, awaiting a perfect place and time?21. What emotions can your character express in public? Sorrow? Anger? Sadness? Humor? Disappointment? Joy?
22. You’ve been beaten, bruised, and battered in a recent adventure, not to mention frustrated by a rather vile ending to the affair (a scorched earth situation where you won but your objectives were destroyed). You now find that you have several weeks to recover your health and composure. Since you only wish to travel and recoup once, what place would you pick for your retreat, and what activities would you pursue.
23. What if your character had the chance to put a single question to God or some other divine know it all? What would be your question? Is there another person, player character or non-player character, living or dead, you’d rather question? Who do you want to ask, and what is your question?
24. The character’s first battle, first hunt, or first killing of another person. Try to make it as vivid as possible, including the character’s age, training and inexperience, plus details of the surrounding (weather, terrain, uniforms or clothing of self and others.)
25. Describe your character’s voice. Would you say your character speaks with formality? Casually? Does the character have any favorite expressions/curses?